Is there a better way to celebrate Father’s Day than by lighting the grill and enjoying a delectable BBQ with the whole family? For a warm summer night, try this recipe’s delectable sweet pineapple chicken kabob, which is topped with red, green, and yellow peppers.
Prep Time: 35 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 lb Chicken Tenderloins, large diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored & large diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored & large diced
- 1 red onion, peeled & large diced ½ fresh pineapple, cored and large diced
- Marinade & Glaze
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small knob ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- ¼ cup soy sauce 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water ¼ cup scallions, sliced
- Garlic, ginger, brown sugar, pineapple juice, chili garlic, and soy sauce are combined in a bowl to make the marinade. Chicken dice is added and completely coated after whisking until incorporated. For at least 30 minutes, marinate. A grill or grill pan should be heated to medium-high.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and set it aside to make a glaze.
- Assemble kabobs by placing chicken, onion, pineapple, and bell peppers alternately on metal or wooden skewers.
- Cook chicken and vegetable skewers that have been built on the grill for 14 to 16 minutes, rotating them often, or until the chicken and peppers start to sear.
- The leftover marinade should be heated in a small saucepan and brought to a boil while the kabobs are cooking. To make a slurry, mix the cornstarch with cold water. Add the slurry and stir after the marinade has reached a simmer; the glaze will start to thicken. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Continue grilling the kabobs after brushing them with the glaze to let the brown sugar and pineapple caramelize.
- When the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, the vegetables are done, the pineapple is mildly caramelized, and the kabobs are done.
Enjoy with chopped scallions as a garnish!