With the help of this Keto-friendly recipe, you can prepare a Natural Angus Beef Stew in under an hour!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons ghee or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Bare Beef t
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium celeriac, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 cups torn kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch cayenne
- Ghee should be added to the Instant Pot after setting it to sauté. Salt and pepper the beef, then brown it in batches for about 10 minutes on all sides. Add the onion and garlic to the saucepan after removing to a platter. 3–4 minutes should be enough to soften. Stirring up the browned parts on the bottom, add the red wine, and cook until it has been reduced by half. Add the tomato paste, then mix for a minute. Add the beef, beef broth, carrots, celery, and celeriac. Pour the thickened xanthan gum mixture into the pot after blending it with 1/4 cup water in an immersion blender. Place the lid in place and select manual for 15 minutes. Allow the pressure to drop naturally for ten minutes before quickly releasing. Stir in the kale, parsley, thyme and cayenne and taste for seasoning. Serve.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet before adding it to the slow cooker. Red wine should be reduced after deglazing the pan. Pour and then add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low for cooking.