Regardless of the season, this hearty stew will warm your spirit. made with Yukon gold potatoes, fresh thyme, and Meatnisters Natural Angus Beef Stew Meat.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 135 mins
- 2 lbs Meatnisters Beef Stew Meat
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 pieces of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the beef in a Dutch oven until it has a decent sear on it over medium-high heat. Take out of the pan and place in a basin. After the meat has been set aside, add the bacon and onion slices to the pan and start sweating the onions.
- Add the flour to the pan once the onions are transparent and sauté it for about 3 minutes over medium heat to remove the raw flour flavor.
- Re-add the cooked chuck to the pan along with the bay leaf, stewed tomatoes, beef broth, and thyme sprigs. Cook for about an hour in the oven at 350°F. After taking the Dutch oven out of the oven, add the potatoes and carrots. Return to the oven and bake for a further hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check the potatoes with a fork to see if they are soft enough. Serve after taste-testing and adding salt and pepper.